Over the next 8 months our chapter will undertake monthly cleanings along our two mile stretch of roadway between Tucson and Phoenix. This will culminate in a sign showing others our dedication to Keep Arizona Beautiful.
If you wish to help us meet our goal please contact the Safety Coordinator, America Darling Curl.
Highway Cleanup Action Committee Overview
The goal of our committee is to ensure that we fulfill the requirements of the Arizona Department of Transportation’s highway clean-up permit, thereby fulfilling the necessary requirements for a recognition signs along our stretch of roadway. To reach this goal the Highway Cleanup Action Committee will see that all volunteers have a safe and enjoyable time during the highway cleanup, and follow all the rules of the permit. If you have any questions please contact America Curl.
- Volunteers will need to provide the following gear for themselves:
1. Work gloves
2. Yellow reflective safety vest (ANSI Class II)
3. Trash pickup tool
- Sign up no less than 1 week before clean up, check in the night before, and contact the Safety Coordinator (America Curl) if you will be late or unable to make the cleanup for any reason.
- No one under the age of 12 may participate for any reason.
- Those under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Special cases may be considered.
- Volunteers may not work before or after the Safety Coordinator has arrived.
- At the clean-up, all volunteers will listen to the safety briefing and sign off on the Volunteer Registration Form before they may begin any roadwork.
- Volunteers will not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the clean-up.
- Volunteers will refrain from any horseplay or erratic behavior that may distract drivers on the road.
- Volunteers will not cross the highway, or median at any time, for any reason.
- Volunteers will listen to the Safety Coordinator at all times, and failure to do so will result in the removal of the volunteer from the program.